Vendor and Conessions Stuff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vendor Fees

3 posters

Go down

Vendor Fees Empty Vendor Fees

Post by buzyme Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:04 pm

Hi All,
I am considering starting a funnel cake/waffle concession business. I have a question regarding fees charged by
the events. I understand there is a rental fee per square foot for your space, but now I am hearing that the fairs like
to use tickets for food purchases. It is my understanding that at the end of the night the fair administrators come around
and collect the tickets from you and also charge 25-30% on your sales too, the tickets verify how much money you have
taken in. Has anybody else encountered this? Between the cost of the space and now this ticket business, I am not sure
if there is any profit left.

Thanks.

buzyme

Number of posts : 1
Product : funnel cake
Registration date : 2008-03-27

Back to top Go down

Vendor Fees Empty Re: Vendor Fees

Post by Admin Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:54 pm

Smile I "think" you have pre newbie worries that will drive you crazy if you let them. Let me assure you that there are a lot of food vendors out there making money, if they didn't make money they would not be doing it for years and years. Its work however, and not a get rich scheme. Yes, some fairs charge per square foot and then do the ticket thing you describe. However, look at one of the fairs that is doing that and see how many food vendors are there. You might try talking to a few and ask them if they make a profit. I think you will be pleasantly surprised at the answer. By the way the fairs need to make money to and have lots of expenses
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 5
Job/hobbies : Webmaster www.countyfairgrounds.net, stained glass, knitting and crochet
Registration date : 2008-01-21

https://vendorsforum.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Post by amusement82 Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:46 pm

you are entering the one business that is not as easy as some think. Yes most fairs charge a fee for the space and then have you take tickets.

My biggest piece of advice is beware, in the Funnel cake business if you are getting into a show doing those, most likely it is not a good show, or you are going to get a really bad location. there are people who have been doing funnel cakes and corn dogs that have been in this business for YEARS and have great locations, my expereince has been that a new location for funnel cakes is proably not a good location. Ask a lot of questions before committing to this location

amusement82

Number of posts : 1
Product : food trailers and amusment rides
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down